When you are on the verge of publishing your literary masterpiece, choosing your book printers is a very crucial task. No matter how great your work is and regardless of how much time, effort and resources you have put in, all that will be useless if you cannot find for yourself the right team to manufacture your books. To help you with such endeavor, we’ve come up with the following five tips when choosing book printing companies.
TIP # 1 – Research on the available book printers in your area.
Flip through your local directory, look it up in the internet and ask around. You need to have a fair amount of knowledge as to where you can find book printers. The closer they are to your area then the better so work can be done more efficiently without some distance constraint.
TIP # 2 – See to it that they have qualified staff and trained personnel.
You want to get people who know and are skilled at what they do. To do that, you will need to look for book printers who provide quality and continuous training for their team. At the same time, they should already have high standards and qualifications for their employees.
TIP # 3 – Ensure that their procedures, materials and equipments are of quality.
Most companies will be fine about giving their clients a little facility tour. As a matter of fact, many will offer this at the onset so be sure that you take it. This should give you a fairly good idea as to the quality of their procedures as well as the materials and equipment used. It also would not hurt to ask so go ahead and make your inquiries.
TIP # 4 – Determine how well their line of communication is.
You will be working with them both closely and distantly. After all, you will not be living in the book printing facility. In some cases, you will have to exchange calls or emails with them so their line of communication is important. You also want to check how fast and accurate they are with regard to inquiries.
TIP # 5 – Check on available reviews and client feedback.
When you search for available book printing company, be sure that you look for reliable reviews and feedback from past and present clients. This way you will have a better view and idea about the quality they offer. You can’t simply rely on what they say. You have to check and verify.
When you want to have your work published then you will most likely look for the right book printing companies to do the job. You do not want to waste your time and money and most of all your work by getting a poor quality output. We all hate reading materials that prove to be hard to comprehend and so we tend to toss them out or forego them. No writer wants their hard work to end up that way. Quality of a book has a lot to do with the printing company who manufactured and produced it but how do you know which to call up? What qualities should you look for? Below is a list of them for your reference so go and read on.
REPUTATION – You want to find consistency in quality and this can be seen with the reputation of the printing firm. It is best to check on reviews and feedback about them or better yet ask for sample products yourself.
RAW MATERIALS – Quality begins with the material in which the publication has been made. Find a company that promotes this. You want thick but lightweight paper, sturdy cover boards and strong binding adhesives and staple stitches.
PROFESSIONAL TEAM – Excellence is also brought about by the right people with apt experience, expertise, knowledge and skill. Find those who constantly train their team and who continuously seek improvement. You want to know if they indeed know what they are doing and if they are doing it well. Professionalism also has something to do with how they treat their clients.
CUSTOMER SERVICE – In relation to the previous item, find one with excellent customer service. They must have an adept and timely team who can respond and attend to queries and questions. They have to be easy to talk to and can explain processes and procedures well.
EQUIPMENT – In order to produce great output, printing companies have to have the right equipment. There are various machines available that cater to varying needs and uses. Others too will have some specifications such as the type of binding to be done.
PRICE REASONABILITY – Lastly, quality book printing companies price their services at a reasonable rate. It’s a spot between too cheap and very expensive. Of course, everyone wants a good deal and we want to spend as little as we can but quality is never cheap. If it looks too good to be true then it probably is. At the same time expensiveness does not guarantee excellence. The key word is reasonable.
For many budding writers out there, finally getting published is such a dream come true. But one has to admit that not everyone can score a book deal. Even the infamous authors of today took quite some time before their big breaks. This however should stop no one from pursuing a dream. One can still fulfill it with the use of self publishing. It doesn’t even have to be a thousand copies to begin with. One can start small or big depending on your budget and capacity. How can you do that? Here are a few useful book printing UK tricks from bookprinting.co.uk.
- Plan and make a budget. This is necessary as self publishing requires that the author or owner of the book being published shoulder the expenses. One ahs to carefully and smartly allocate the available resources to ensure that every penny spent is money well spent.
- Go traditional, digital or both. You can opt to have it in hardbound or softbound forms as with traditional books. At the same time you may want to consider having a digital version of it. Most books nowadays already have one as the market for people who read using their devices have grown. You may choose either of these or both.
- Choose quality over quantity. When having anything published, one has to be reminded that it is better to have a fewer outputs of great quality than many but with poor quality. The latter will tend to get destroyed easily and therefore its shelf life is much lower. No one wants a book that easily tears or separates by the spine!
- Go easy on the eyes. Choose a good cover and see to it that the fonts you use are generally readable. They have to be standard non-curly typeface and big enough to read. Everyone hates a reading material that has fonts that make them hard to read.
- Find a quality publishing company. You won’t be printing using your personal inkjet printers and binding the books with threads using your own hands. You can try some DIY crafts though but getting a book published this way can be much too time consuming and quality consistency cannot be ascertained. You need to bring your work to a publishing company. The keywords here are reputability, quality and trustworthiness.
Hopefully, the above book printing UK tricks have helped you. Good luck and happy writing!
When it comes to the type of book covers, what comes to people’s minds would either be paperback or hardback. The difference between the two is quite obvious judging by the names itself but for this instance let us talk about the latter and more about hardback book printing.
Hardbacks, hard-bounds or hard-covers refer to a type of binding and publishing output in which many reading materials and publications are made into. It got its name due to the fact that its cover is made of a thick sturdy board which in most cases is wrapped with pretty paper or cloth. It then bears the title and author of the material on the front and the spine.
In many cases, as observed in the books you see being sold in stores, these hardbacks come with what we call dust jackets. This is made of fine quality paper that the title, the author, contains the cover art, the publisher, the brief plot summary, the author’s bio and price among others. The dust jacket is designed in a way that it wraps around the hard cover of the book.
The characteristics of hardback book printing in contrast to other types include the following items:
- The cover durability is much better compared to paperbacks. The sturdy board allows for better protection of the book and is less prone to tears, folds and deformations when exposed to harsh conditions and accidents as when you drop it or stash them in your bag.
- It is a little bulkier as the board is much thicker than the usual special paper used by soft-back publications. It is also slightly heavier given that all other factors like page thickness remain the same.
- In many instances, their production costs and sales price is a little higher than others. This is however a good price to pay for purposes of durability and shelf life. Hard-bound items tend to last far longer. In fact if you take a look at libraries, they rebind their books into hard and sturdier covers so they last longer and can last through wear and tear after being used time and time again.
Hardback book printing is one of the most sought after methods of publishing works today whether they be novels both fiction and non-fiction, photo books, coffee table books, school yearbooks and more.
When it comes to making creative and effective bookmarks either for personal use, as a present, for a promotional strategy or as a party favor, there are certain factors that have to be considered and met for it to stand out. London’s the Bookmark Shop gladly tells us about these and adds a few tips along the way.
Factor # 1: SIZE – The size of your bookmark matters a lot. After all, it is bound to be used to track your reading progress and take note where you left off. It has to be big enough but not too bulky that it causes unwanted folds and bulges between the pages or worse larger than the book itself. At the same time it also should not be too small than it can easily slip off, get lost or simply hide too well between the pages that it loses its very purpose. Find the sweet middle ground.
Factor # 2: SHAPE – You can go for fancy shapes all you want or stick with traditional. However the rule of thumb here is to make sure that the shape isn’t too intricately detailed or shaped along the edges. You do not want it to have uneven folds or easily get caught up and tangled altogether. It shouldn’t have pointed and sharp sides. But a unique one always gets an added wow factor.
Factor # 3: MATERIAL – There are many available materials used for bookmarks today. There are the sturdy paper ones which come in glossy, matte, course and other textures. Metal ones are also quite abound nowadays either as the bookmark itself or simply just as an added charm. To add grip, there too are those that come with paper clip edges and magnetic snaps.
Factor # 4: DESIGN – This will always be a factor to consider. Our page inserts also have to look pleasing. If they are to be left bland and unattractive then why not settle for an index card or a piece of paper anyway? Of course this part always depends in creativity and imagination.
Factor # 5: DURABILITY – Lastly, the Bookmark Shop stresses on durability. You want it to last long. You want it to be used time and time again all the more if it comes in really fancy shapes and design. In order for that to happen it has to be crafted out of the best materials and by the best providers in town. Quality and durability come hand in hand.
Promotional bookmarks are considered a classic, timeless, budget friendly and cost effective marketing tool today. They have in fact been around for quite a while now and have proven that even with today’s technology and digital age some things simply stand the test of time no matter what.
Throughout history, humans always had the knack for learning. We always had the intense want and need for knowledge which spills forth consciously or unconsciously. One of the basic ways to do this is through reading. In fact, reading is even considered as a form of leisure, a way of life, a part of work and generally a day to day activity.
It is because of such fact why the aforementioned promotional bookmarks work. For someone who loves to read for leisure may it be novels, poetry or even magazines, it is important to keep track of one’s reading progress otherwise you might just risk spoiling yourself after hours of flipping through the pages trying to remember where you left off.
For someone who studies his or her textbook for an upcoming test or for professionals reading through a report, bookmarks also allow them to mark a certain page should they have the need to put down the material and do some other stuff.
There is simply a need for a certain tool to keep track of one’s reading. The so called dog ears, those where you fold the upper edge of a certain page, work but overtime they destroy the paper and can be an eyesore. This is where the many forms of bookmarks step in made of varying materials from simple and fancy paper to metals, precious or not.
Unlike other forms of media and advertisement, this marketing tool gets more exposure. When the target market or client base has been exposed to such marketing efforts properly and for extended periods of time, there are more chances for the business to communicate their message, make their point and encourage the potential buyer to make a purchase. Think about it, what’s the use of a really good and high budgeted television commercial if the people you wish to see it and to act to it does not have any interest to see it? All your efforts will be put in vain.
In short, promotional bookmarks work because they are more than a form of advertisement. They are functional. They have a use and purpose to the receiver. They won’t be thrown into the trash like flyers and leaflets. They won’t be ignored like TVCs or billboards. They will find themselves used and for that, your promotional efforts will stand the test of time longer.
Page markers have long been present even dating back to the ancient time of scribes and scrolls, monks and papyrus. Reading has been a way of life and a part of our everyday routines and customs. From the casual cereal box label, milk carton nutrition facts, billboard advertisements, school textbooks, novels, magazines and newspapers, reading will forever be part of the human existence. With that comes a need to keep track of one’s reading progress and thus the presence of our trusted bookmarks. But did you know that there are in fact different kinds of to it? The Bookmark Shop is here to introduce us to them. Read up, discover and pick your favorite!
The Traditional Paper – The rectangular and square bookmarks made primarily of paper and sometimes latched with a ribbon looped on its top is by far the most familiar to most of us. They can be bought at pretty much every bookshop, school and office supply store and gift shops. The paper can either be matte, glossy or textured. These too can be bought premade or for personalization.
The Fancy Origami – To bring the paper game to a whole new level, origami bookmarks are also being sold and if you are crafty enough you can definitely hand make them. They come in various designs, shapes and figures and are made of thick and sturdy pattern papers.
The Secure Magnets and Clips – Other variants too come with a magnetic strip and can be folded in two symmetrical sides. Either side has a magnetic strip which latches onto the paper for secure grip. This way, no more bookmarks would fall off the pages. A similar one is those that have a paper clip, often larger than the ordinary ones you often see, that is inserted unto the top or side of a publication with a design glued unto the top part which protrudes out when the marker is inserted.
The Cut Outs and Inserts – There too are those that have cut outs in them which simply work like paper clips but instead of metal is simply thick paper or plastic which safely bites into and grips the paper. These can be bought in various fancy designs like animal figures.
The Metal Variant – Lastly, metal bookmarks are also available. The charm that this variant holds is the fact that it can be engraved and an ornament may be chosen to accompany it for some added pizzazz.
So which among the above from the Bookmark Shop’s list is your favorite? Take your pick!
Metal bookmarks have become the entire craze these days and we totally could not blame anyone. They have been used as promotional materials by marketing companies, individuals and organizations for their events and parties and of course as personal keepsakes, presents and reading tool.
There are basically two types of metal bookmarks in the market:
- The first is the more formal and sleek designed that are flat and may come in the size of credit cards or the usual rectangular bookmark. These are those that are often given out as corporate gifts or guest party favors. They almost always come with a simple engraving but should the buyer wish to, a more creative design could be etched into it. These also come in cases and may be made of precious metals.
- The second one is the fancier of the two. It comes in a form of a metal rod whose body is thin but flat which is to be inserted into the reading material. Its topmost part has a latch to witch a charm or ornament dangles from. Such charms come in many forms and figures like initials, numbers, movie or television characters, animal figures and more.
The very charm of these metal bookmarks lie in the manner by which one is able to customize and personalize them. So how can one accessorize them?
- SHAPES AND SIZES – If you really want to make a totally customized item let’s say for a present then you can choose the size and shape of the item yourself. You may want to make it traditional or go for a little quirk and use other shapes instead. Just keep to mind that it should not be too big and bulky nor too small and lanky.
- ENGRAVING – Next up, engraving is very popular when it comes to this type of bookmarks. Because they are first and foremost made of metal one can practically have anything etched like a name, initials, a favorite quote, a line from a book, a lovely message, a piece of poetry, a memorable date or even a full blown pattern.
- CHARMS AND ORNAMENTS – Especially with the second type of metal bookmarks, one can choose from the myriad of charms available. You can get one or have a combination of letters, numbers, animal or nature figures both real and mythical, television and movie characters, sports items like tennis rackets or soccer balls and book characters to name a few.
- We frequently overlook essential times which come up within our existence because we're all individual. It's frequently also late to operate out to get some bouquets and presents whenever we recall them. Because this, there's the potential of. Nevertheless, whenever you change to a web-based site that provides other presents along with bouquets, you've the ability.